The Treasury (Library & Archives) Photo-story: Thames (NZ)

  • 2001 Steering Committee formed to investigate establishing a  Research Centre & Archive
  • 2003 The Coromandel Heritage Trust Formed
  • 2004 The Treasury Project began
  • 2007 Council agreed to lease of Carnegie Building
  • 2009 The Treasury opened on 12th September
  • 2012 Work started on Stage II of the Archives
  • 2013 Demolition and construction of Archives underway
  • 2014, 15 March the Archive building is officially opened
Full details on above: click here

Below: The first Library on Queen Street opened 1880, which was then replaced by The Thames Free (Carnegie) Library in 1905.
 
 
The Treasury opened and the Archives building was planned
 
2012 View
 
2012-2013 Demolition and clearing of land south of The Treasury
 
 
2013 The building of the Archive attached to The Treasury

Taken 29/3/2013
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken 30/4/2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken 8/5/2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken 9/5/2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken 31/5/2013 (Above and below)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Signs of roofing preparation and building connections taken 7/6/2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update for 19th June 2013
 
Above Left: From Queen Street looking West
Above Right: From Davy Street, showing back of building
Below: From outside the Treasury on Queen Street, Thames

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 4th July 2013
 
 
Photos of northern end of the Archives building - 4/7/2013

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 20th July 2013
 The roof is on!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 3rd August 2013
One step closer
Outer walls are a charcoal black
 .............................................................................................................................
 
 
UPDATE 10th September 2013
Glass Windows revealed

Top: The Front window facing Queen Street
Above: The Archive on the left and Treasury Library on the right - Interconnecting walkway (Glass walls) in the back centre
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 17th September 2013
Cladding is on the west wall facing Davy Street
A few of The Treasury Indexing Group inspect the building
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 21st September 2013
Scaffolding gone and cladding up on Eastern wall of the Archives building

 
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
UPDATE 1st October 2013
Final touches being completed inside the building
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 5th October 2013
The construction fence is down and ground cleared

 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 30th November 2013
Work is well underway on the front boundary fence - temporary wooden barrier erected and concrete footings partially completed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 14th December 2013
Barriers removed and looks ready for the next stage of fence construction
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
14th February 2014
Block work completed on the fence
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 14th March 2014
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE TREASURY ARCHIVE
opened on 15th March 2014