Just alerting readers to a new article in THE TREASURY JOURNAL.
The details are: H LOWE, Mayor of Thames 1910-1919 by A Arundel.
Henry LOWE ran a butchery in Pollen Street, known as LOWE & GOODWIN. The shop was located in the area north of the Mary Street intersect. Full family details can be found in the article.
A list and photos of other early Thames Mayors can be found at The Treasury website.
Captain William DAVIES was in 1874 elected the first Mayor of Thames, following the establishment of the Thames Borough in 1873, and the amalgamation of the townships of Shortland and Grahamstown.