On the back of this photo mounted on a piece of card is written:
D L LAMB, Doug Lamb [written in pencil]102 Richmond Street, Thames
Then in a different script: Johnstone family owned Hotel 1912-1926, Grand-daughter Jill Pritchard Goldie used to sketch on Hotel steps.
The Lamb connection is to Lamb Bros, Timber Merchants at the corner of Mary and Queen Streets, Thames. The company involved with the rebuilding of the hotel.
|Auckland Star 3/12/1937 at Papers Past|