Below is the southern side of the garden of a house on Parawai Road, known today as Brunton House. The Kauaeranga River is to the top left. Originally known as the Marshall house, built for James Marshall, draper of Thames in 1877. Many of us remember it best as Brunton's House, as it was the residence of long-time Mayor Wallace (Wally) Brunton. (Mayor of Thames 1959-1975). The house is on the Historic Places Register.
THAT FINE OLD HOUSE ON PARAWAI ROAD, by Alistair M. Isdale B.A (copy at The Treasury).