The New Zealand Post Office has travelled around the towns of Shortland and Grahamstown. From The corner of Grey and Mackay Street to various other locations including Pollen Street (North and south) and Queen Street. With the centralisation of shops back to Pollen Street in the early 1900s, the 'grand' building that still stands today was built in the late 1930s. The building was opened 29 January 1938 by the Post-Master General, the Hon F Jones.
|New Zealand Herald 18 January 1938|
Below the google view of the building today