Initial worship was in the upstairs of a leased building, culminating in the opening of the Army Barracks in Pollen Street (Grahamstown end) on the 26 June 1886.
An excellent resource is "Thames Corps History" by Cadets K & S E Trebilcock written in 1987. It contains many names, including the Corps Officers.
For Genealogists looking for church records of BMD events the Salvation Army archives are available via email.
|Thames Star Newspaper: 11 Feb 1954|
(Click to enlarge)