Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mr Williams' memories of Thames July 1867

Thames Star 1 August 1903
By chance a very interesting article found on early Thames, at Papers Past. The writer recalls the arrival of Mr J C Williams of Kopu who arrived at The Thames a few weeks before the goldfields opened the following month.  It makes great reading. Note the time before the road went to Tararu, Grahamstown didn't exist and there was just one whare on the area known as Tookey's Flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment