The latest sign is out by the Sir Keith Park Airfield, attached to the Thames Icon aka the Welcome/Farewell sign.
The top yellow historic sign outlines the history of the Thames Goldfield from 1867. While the new photo board has details of the 'The Thames Icon' construction.
"On August 10th 2005, after 5 years of negotiation, consents, hours of toil by Thames Lions Club and fund raising from many different sources and raising over $15,000 the Stamper Battery Icon was officially declared open by the Mayor of Thames Chris Lux. It was dedicated by Father Peter Head, a member of the Thames Lions Club. The Maoriland Battery (The integral part of that icon on permanent loan from the Prospectors Association)"