Thames South School started as Parawai School, and the name changed in 1915. Its a long story with Parawai School originally located on the corner of Banks Street and Parawai Road, before moving to the present day site in Rolleston Street (then known as Bowen Street). Buildings have changed, and grounds developed into the thriving school of today.
THEN & NOW: South School 1920s & 2017
THEN & NOW: South School from Grey Street 1920s & 2017
© Althea Barker 2017