Here is a 1951 view of the shops in Fenton Street, where Mrs Grubb first had her shop. They are at the lower right end of the photo, on the left (west) side of Heale Street. The road running across the lower section of the photo is Fenton Street. See Thames South School over to the left of the photo on Rolleston Street - in those days known as Bowen Street.
Below is an enlargement, showing the shops at the corner of Heale and Fenton Streets, Thames in 1951.